Bottom line for me is that I trust apple. I have for years. They say if you are
an apple fan to never get too attached to anything because apple likes to
change things up. :) No company is perfect so I don’t expect perfection but I
do trust that if apple makes a change it will all be just fine. Sometimes
change is for the better and sometimes it’s a mistake but either way, I’m just
not worried. The current headphone jack has been around for a long  long
time…so, who knows? I’m sure that some people freaked out when apple went with
a smooth touch screen on their phones instead of the tactile num pad. Wow, I
cannot imagine our society today without our smart phones and their touch
screens. I remember when  some people thought there was no way that the
VI/blind community could ever use a touch screen. I’m just saying, relax. :)
I’m just not worried, not to mention the fact that this is all speculation and
rumors, we’ll cross that bridge if and when we get to it. If it happens, it
happens and we will probably deal with the minor inconvenience of getting used
to the change or maybe even love it. That’s just part of our modern world and
the way of technology growing and changing. It’s not just apple. :)

Christina

list.