From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jess
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:46 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: We better keep this going!

Hi folks,

Well, I'm getting the IPhone 3 GS today. But more than that, folks, we need
to keep the trend of switching to the Mac and IPhone going. The more people
we have switching, the more inclined Apple will be to continue support and
development for Voice OVer.
For the first time, I can walk into a store, pick up a phone, and have it
talk out of the box. I don't have to have this special software that makes
my phone accessible, and explain to people, oh, this is special software
that reads aloud what you see on the screen. When I mention to people that I
am going to get the IPhone, I feel a great deal of satisfaction that people
don't look at me and go, well Jess, youre blind, so how the hell will you be
able to use it? It's awesome that I can be treated as an equal. We half! to
keep this trend up! Otherwise, what we have waited for, hoped for, and
longed for, access to something right out of the box, will soon be gone
forever! And by the way, every time I try to convince someone that
accessibility is a right and we have the right to have 100 percent access to
everything we buy, that argument that we are to small of a market is always
what I get. I'm sorry, but Apple is proving that argument to be void, and I
have never agreed with it and never will. Any thoughts on this post?

Jes