Hi,

When focus is on the textual area, do a three-finger swipe from right to left
like you were turning a page in a book.  This will take you to the next page,
and it will start reading that next page.  Not a continuous thing, but at least
should get you further along than you've been getting.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)