Is parallels on M1 accessible with voiceover?

I prefer the Mac’s menu driven system and its mail app.

From: 'Jason White' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 12:28 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple Silicon vs Intel x86 for Voiceover users on Mac

I don’t use any Windows applications for which there isn’t a Mac OS equivalent.
I have them installed in parallel, on separate machines, and I can use either.
As to which it best, it depends on the application. For example, Microsoft
Outlook for Mac is better than the Windows version in ways that matter to me –
including the fact that the Mac version doesn’t crash very often, whereas the
Windows version does. On the other hand, Microsoft Word is more accessible
under Windows, but I’m a very occasional Microsoft Word user, and could
probably substitute Pages easily for those few situations.

I read an article a while ago which claimed that most Mac users these days
don’t need Windows for anything whatsoever. Apparently, survey results show
overwhelmingly that most Mac users don’t install Windows. So it may be that the
number of users who want to do this isn’t large enough for Apple or Microsoft
to care about anymore. The signals from Microsoft indicate that they have no
plan to license Windows 11 for ARM to run on Mac M1 hardware or its successors
– they’ve officially described this as an “unsupported scenario”. The
virtualization vendors may well find that there’s no Windows for ARM licensing
option available for their customers on Mac.

On 10/25/21, 10:43, "macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> " <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> > wrote:

When I purchased my M1 machine in June, I was informed that Boot Camp no longer
existed and that was machines If it had, I probably would’ve installed windows
on the same machine. Personally, at this point, I am OK with running a separate
machine although I will say that I’m spending almost all of my time on the Mac
side. If I had installed windows, I don’t think that would’ve been the case. So
maybe it’s for the best. I think Apple would think so.

Sent from my iPhone

--

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/89365D8A-EACF-452D-9092-491C5F008B2B%40gmail.com.

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/89365D8A-EACF-452D-9092-491C5F008B2B%40gmail.com%3c/div%3e%3cdiv%3e%3cbr%3e%3c/div%3e%3c/body%3e%3c/html%3e>

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/89365D8A-EACF-452D-9092-491C5F008B2B%40gmail.com.%3c/div%3e%3cdiv%3e%3cbr%3e%3c/div%3e%3c/body%3e%3c/html%3e>

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu>  and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can
reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com> .