What is meant by running Mac OS on windows is that you have a windows machine,
and create Mac OS virtual machine using whatever virtualization software.

This has a couple of issues:
1. It is illegal. As the user agreement of Mac OS, you should not run Mac OS on
any non Apple machine. I don’t remember the exact text, but it is easily
understandable.
2. It is very slow compared to getting a Mac machine and run windows on it
using virtualization.

HTH,

Mohamed E. Fayed

> On 25 Oct 2021, at 7:06 PM, 'Sabahattin Gucukoglu' via MacVisionaries
> <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by “running Mac on Windows”.
>
> You can already virtualise (that is, create a virtual environment for) and
> dual-boot (that is, reboot and then start as though on a PC) Windows. Macs
> make very fine Windows machines either way, providing you understand the
> limitations of the hardware and driver support. Modern Windows is very
> power-efficient and if you configure it correctly it can run every bit as
> nicely as macOS, although on notebooks with discrete GPUs Apple has always
> prejudiced the integrated GPU (there are workarounds, if you know where to
> look).
>
> I mostly run Apple stock apps on my Macs, but the bulk of it is in Linux VMs
> or Terminal. Any consideration to move exclusively to Apple Silicon would
> mean, for me, deciding which platform was the lesser evil for essentially
> day-to-day apps; I would simply have to have (and carry about) multiple
> machines, otherwise. Right now my iMac does the work, and runs both platforms
> well, but I don’t boot Windows very often at all and it might simply be time
> to leave Windows behind altogether when travelling. Alternatively, of course,
> I purchase a cheap Apple Silicon notebook for the few (and, I’ll be honest,
> generally less important) things macOS does well, and begin the painful
> transition back to Windows full-time. I’m not sure which, yet. Given that my
> VMs are Linux, and Windows now has WSL for Linux command-line software, it’s
> actually not an easy call to make any more—I think the reason I’m stuck to
> macOS is mostly familiarity and the overall experience, but it clearly also
> has limitations that would be amplified by Apple Silicon and not having
> Windows around as rescue, however infrequently that actually happens.
>
> I don’t know the accessibility status of Windows 365, but I don’t really
> fancy renting my computer in the cloud. My beef with Windows as a platform
> isn’t such that I’d avoid it at all costs, but realistically I’d have to use
> it on a day to day basis and the cloud isn’t good value for that.
>
> Cheers,
> Sabahattin

> list.

> caraqu...@caraquinn.com