Well, I don't know why or how, but my macbook pro running 10.6.3 has both
Vicki, and Victoria.  Vicki has a softer voice, and Victoria, is got a little
robotness going on, but I think her voice is clearer than Vicki's.  So I think
I'm going to use her.  That way, my devices will all have a similar sound. RIP
old friend Alex, for now at least.