From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Olivia Norman
Sent: Tuesday, 15 June 2010 1:57 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: some more questions about streams and macs

Wonderful! Thank you for the help! :)
"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" Steve Jobs

On Jun 14, 2010, at 2:47 AM, Chris G wrote:

> Answers below.
>

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:26:06 -0700
> Olivia Norman <olivianor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> I'm looking at the Q and A's that someone sent earlier today (Thank you,
who ever sent these! :) I have a few more questions, as all of the material
I've seen works on the assumption that people are using windows.
>> 1. How do you formatt the stream's card?  The material discusses various
folders to copy certain kinds of files into.  So, how do I take a blank SD
card and make it work with the stream's folders using a mac?

> You insert the card into the stream and it creates the folders for you.
>

> 2. Can I copy music files and put them on the same SD card as talking
> books?
>

> Yes, you put them in the $VRMusic folder.
>> 3. I'm assuming that the SD card would simply show up in the finder and
content can just be coppied between devices that way.

> This is correct.  You would see the streams folders through the finder.
>

>> I'm still considering whether or not to drop the money on the stream, or
if I would simply be fine with my iPod, iPad, etc, as they work better with
a mac.  I would welcome people's thoughts and opinions!