I agree actually with Bryan here. I was in a pool room and listening to one of
my favorite radio networks. it buffered at 16k stereo dial up which sucked. but
then again I think of it like this. some people will still pay 45 a month to
use 3 gigs of data or more. so what at&t has done I think is to entice some of
us to use more bandwidth and if they can pay for it they will. I prophesy that
at&t and verison will get themselves in to a pickle as the networks degrade
even further.
Sorry for presenting both sides of the coin here but that's what it is.