Dashboard is my friend!

        Once I set up dashboard I really liked it!  there was a earlier thread,
I think on this list that gave many tips.  here are some I remember.

First to clean up some of the frustrating keyboard issues go to system
preferences and to Mission Control Uncheck the first group of check boxes.
This will get rid of the control right arrow bringing up dashboard.   It does
other things that make the dashboard less intrusive.
now when you press f12 the dashboard appears and press it again and it is
really gone.  When in the dashboard use the window chooser to move between
apps, actually called widgets.

        I am using weather widgets, language translation , ical recent event
widget, and many more useful dashboard widgets  .

One very useful tip was how to delete a widget. First when in dashboard go to
the widget bar by going to the window chooser and select widget bar.  Then when
on the widget you want permanently deleted press     VO Command F2.

I think of these widgets as being like apps on the iPhone.  they are usually
easy to use and preform a specific task quickly.

I hope this helps turn dashboard from evil to friendly!

eric Caron