From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Erkens
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:03 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Need help partitioning a disk

Bill,
The filesystem, like fat32, mac os extended journaled etc, is chosen while
you create the partitions. First choose the number of partitions from the
drop down. 1, 2 3 etc. You want 3, right? Then, interact with the scroll
area, vo space on the first partition, stop interacting, and then, outside
the scroll area, don't bother with the size control. Instead, simply fill in
the text boxes with your desired sizes for the first partition. Then, go
interact with the scroll area again, but now select the second partition in
there. Stop interacting, fill in the file system, volume name and size boxes
again, and then continue to partition 3.
Hth,
Paul.