It amazes me how strongly people feel about this caps lock key issue. I have
been using VoiceOver since Tiger and honestly I have never had a problem with
the VO-keys and hell with quick nav it really is almost unnecessary for the VO
keys. Do you think Freedom Scientific would be willing to allow a user to
change the caps lock to any key or key combination they chose? Oh and as far as
how you package your request, if you come across as demanding and rude, I would
not anticipate your request being taken very seriously and that is exactly how
your message comes across.
Apple engineering obviously had a reason to choose a specific key combination
and obviously the number of requests to change to something different or allow
the user to choose any key or key combination has not been all that strong.