The reality is, Safari is a problem in Lion with VoiceOver.  From the
technical information I have read, this is more of a Safari issue than a
VoiceOver issue.

    However, with that said, it seems these issues vary with person to person.
A clean install is a good suggestion for sure.  Also, perhaps trying the
nightly build of Web Kit to see if that fixes any issues.

   I do have the problem with the popup windows not being seen with VoiceOver
and seeing to lock it up.  What I do in those instances is simply hit the
escape key before doing anything else.  If you lose speech, command tab out of
Safari and try starting the VoiceOver Quick Start with
control-option-command-F8.  When it starts, then hit the escape key and
VoiceOver should return.  Command back to Safari and quickly hit the escape key
a few times and that should close the dialog box.

Take Care

John Panarese
jpanar...@gmail.com