Hi,

As a newish user of mac, and someone who rely heavily on PDFs for
research and work purposes, i haven't come across any pdf issue. i
suppose something we need to understand, the issue is not with
screenreader itself, is with the image of the pdf itself. If you have
a scann image pdf file, regardless you use jaws, windoweyes, nvda,
system access or voiceover, unless you have an OCR, otherwise the
problem will still exist. However, i must say, from my pass months
experience, voiceover and include the IOS Voiceover, seems to be the
best screen reader when dealing with pdf.
It is not fair to compare Jaws or NVDA with Voiceover. you are kind of
comparing orrange and lemon, deciding what is better for you.
Regardless of what the arguements are, Jaws does slow things down
rapitly. You won't realize until you have a sighted person uses the
same computer as you do, turn your screenreader off, and have a go on
that. Even in some case, NVDA is more faster and supirial compare to
jaws.
Same with any other screen reader, it does slow things down, just
depends on if its in 0.001 second for voiceover or 1.00 second for
jaws.

Just my 0.2 sense of thoughts

Cheers
Joanne