Hi Gigi,
there is another Google group called VIPhone that deals strictly with voice
over issues on the iPhone ,iPad, and iPod Touch.

There is a lot of very helpful and friendly advice there. here is a link:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/viphone

You may also want to look around for free iPhone  training  in your area.
I offer my school of hard knocks knowledge here in Tempe, AZ. at no cost.

Chuck