From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:29 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Mountain Lion Is Awesome!

OK, here's what you do.

So, you said you got to keyboard, so I'll just start yoou at that point.

So, once you're in here, go to the shortcuts tab.

OK, in here you're gonna see two tables.  The first one is a category table.
So what you need to do in this example is to
interact with that table, and then go down to mission control.

OK, once there, you can quit interacting with the table.  Now move over to the
right, and you'll see the second table.
Interact with this table, then vo+down arrow until you get to the one for
notification center.  It's probably gonna say none.

OK, so now interact again a second time with that row in the table.  This way,
we can vo+left and right arrow collumn by
collumn on that item.

Now, go all the way to the left, and you should see a cfheck box which isn't
checked.  Vo+space on it to check it, and as
soon as it does, notice that you land in an edit text field.  Now, be really
careful here!  Simply push the keystroke you
globally want to use.  For me, I did command+option+shift+N.

You do what you wanna do, just be sure in no apps that you know of, it's gonna
conflict.

Once pressed, hit vo+right arrow once to move away from the field, then vo+left
arrow to read and confirm.  NOw vo+right
arrow again to be sure you're off the field and that the next keystroke won't
be taken as the command you want to use.  Then
hit command+W to close the prefs window.  Either that or hit command+L, to
return to your prefs screen if you need to change
other preferences aside from within the keyboard.

HTH.

Chris.