From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Shawn Krasniuk
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:57 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Mountain Lion Is Awesome!

Hey guys. I was thinking of using the Siri dictation feature to write this
message, but after trying to send a message to
Kimsan and seeing that it entered something that I didn't say, I figured I'd
write this myself. So with that being said, I
must say that Apple did a freaking awesome job with Mountain Lion. My favorite
features so far have been the Siri dictation,
even though it hears what it wants to hear sometimes, the ability to update
more than one App in the App store, and yes, the
ability to use some third party Apps that weren't accessible to us in the past.
Now I can use Menuweather, the app that I
complained that wasn't accessible a few months ago, and change whatever
settings I need. Also, for Infovox Ivox 3 users, your
voices will continue to work. You don't need to download any patches or
anything.
I did notice a couple of bugs though. The first one is something that this list
has talked about when Lion first launched,
and that is the booting up time. For me, when I came home from work and booted
up my machine, I pretty much had to wait for
about 2-3 minutes before Voiceover started talking. Also, in both Lion and Snow
Leopard, both Adium and Skype launched right
away after startup. In Mountain Lion, It takes a minute for both apps to
launch. These aren't deal breakers though, just
minor hinderances. As for the Nuance voices, I'm not gonna even bother using
them with Voiceover if they're still making
those stupid pitch changes. Why would I if I have Tracy from Acapela?
Anyway, all in all, this is a fantastic upgrade, better than Lion in my
opinion. I hope you all have fun with Mountain Lion,
as I sure am.

Shawn
Sent from my white Mac Book