Hi list:

One thing I can definitely say is that upgrading with the Mac has been a much
smoother, overall, experience, compared to Windows.  Upgrading Windows is a
time-consuming process, and, tedious.  Always having to enter that darned
product key and activating the OS, since MicroSoft doesn't trust its users,
etc.  Then, having to wonder if your Screen-Reader is going to work with the
upgrade or not.  I could go on to talk about the pain in the neck Windows can
be.  That's one thing I don't miss at all.  Apple has done a bang-up job, so
far as my experiences have been concerned.

I did an upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion without major issues.

That having been said, I have also gone back to do a clean install of Lion,
just to see if I could tell any difference.

I'm probably going to do an upgrade, and then, later, I'll probably do a clean
install, again, just to see what it is like and to compare the experiences.

Since I love to experiment, my system stays in a state of flux.

But, again, I have to hand it to Apple.  I have never had a better experience
installing an OS with accessibility.  Probably the closest I have come is using
ORCA to install Vinux.  I have had success with Speakup-modified installations,
also under Linux.  I have also installed DOS using ASAP, but, I had to load it
up at a certain time from a floppy to do that.  With Mac OS X, I just had to
press Command-F5 after the install media booted, and, I was off and running.