No, shift only selects when used with OSX commands in a webpage. VO hijacks the
rpocess in html content areas to let you select text, but again only with
standard commands. As the command for top of edit field is cmd-up,
vo-shift-home will select nothing. After all, vo-shift-left/right move by
character in any text with which vo is interacting, but you can't select that
way either.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com