Hi,

I haven't experienced the 1st issue on my iPhone 5.  Siri volume stays put on
what I place it on.  As far as your 2nd issue?  Yes.  It irritates me to no
end.  It is extremely loud, and really does hurt my ear.  And it does indeed
drown out the person I'm speaking to.

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore