Hi Chris
I haven't  had those exact  issues with my iPhone 5. I have my ringer  volume
set not to be changed by the buttons. I do find vo chats more incessantly
during a call which annoys me, but it's not loud at all. I just can't shut her
up.

Sometimes though, if I've made a phone call using the phone alone and not the
head set, voice over really distorts badly after the call is over,  so I have
to turn the phone off and back on again. It's like the phone call messes with
the volume which makes voice over super loud and distorting after the call is
over. So something is going on here but not sure what. I, too, love my iPhone.

Lisette