Hi.
I have created my own command for this space with J. You can create
keyboard commands on the display, however, they can only be for
VoiceOver specific keyboard commands. For example, VO plus J works
fine, but command Q, which is an OSX command, will not work.
Apparently there is some kind of Apple scripting way of doing this,
but I don't know how. SO in short, yes, you can program your display
to use specific functions related to VoiceOver, but not any keyboard
command that is generalized to the Mac. You'll find that some keyboard
commands on the Mac already have a braille equivalent, such as space
with 2-3-6 to interact with items and space with 3-5-6 to stop
interacting.

Scott