In reading some further posts on the web, this is worse than I
thought. The only article I read earlier today lead me to believe it
was about the triple click home to start voiceover. IT is not. IT is
about the very heart of voiceover for us, its ability to read things
on the screen. An article points out that this is the case and that
Samsung is not even trying to protect their technology for
accessibility, they are simply using it as a weapon. So they are
completely putting us up as a sacrifice for their battles. One can
only hope the courts will see right through this and consider it
exactly what it is.

http://www.fosspatents.com/2013/02/german-court-stays-samsungs-voiceover.html

"one. Samsung didn't assert this German patent in an effort to protect
its investment
in accessibility. It elected to use an accessibility-related patent as
a tactical
weapon. Patent protection and enforcement can be justified in certain scenarios.
For example, if there are two companies competing in the market for
hearing aids,
it's generally legitimate for them to assert accessibility-related
patents against
each other. I would also support the idea of accessibility patent enforcement in
cases of willful infringement, and if Samsung had only requested
monetary compensation
in this action, it would have made a much better choice than by trying
to achieve,
through the pursuit of an injunction, the deactivation or (more
realistically) degradation
of the voiceover functionality Apple provides to its German customers.
In recent weeks I have been contacted by a couple of journalists who
report on and
care about accessibility issues. One of them told me he's blind. I
completely understand
why the vision-impaired are concerned when they hear about a lawsuit
like this one.
Maybe there's a cultural difference here between Asia and the Western
hemisphere.
In the United States and Europe, people may be more sensitive to this
type of issue
than in Korea. I don't think Samsung is evil. I really don't. But it should give
more thought to the wider implications of its retaliatory actions
against Apple."