If you read the Steve Jobs biography, the author says Apple as company was co -
operating between engineers and design. Unlike many other companies they was
like a one big division. Therefore Steve Jobs could say "no screen on iPod
shuffle" and it was done within 30 minutes. Other companys with different
divisions and bosses would use up to one year to make the same decision. Tim
Cook may organize a little bit different.

One or more Voice Over users has told us that Apple implemented Voice Over in
OSX just because they wanted order for the State organization. Like schools and
government services. There was money to make. To get to that money, US
government said: "ok, but you need to make Apple accessible".

Take care