BSD is extremely stable. The DM (desktop manager) can be a bit more
problematic. THe most stable one I have found so far is gnome. THere is one
issue though, no direct braille or TTS support in OpenBSD.

anyway, the DM's in Linux or Unix tend to be a lot more stable than MS windows
(remember the Aegis class cruiser back in 2004 that had the ship wide LAN drop
on account of a zero being put in the wrong place?).. Now, I have tried to
convince the powers that be in the OpenBSD community that support for the blind
is a must. So far, there hasn't been a lot of movement in that regard. I can't
even seem to get the developers of BrlTTY or ORCA interested in porting code to
BSD. Thats a shame really, as OpenBSD would be perfect for our needs.

Anyway, the point of the discussion deals with proper customer support (which
is getting rarer as time goes on). Combine that with the fact that people are
getting more ambivalent about the issue and you have a recipe for a death
spiral of customer support. We need another who is a lot like Steve Jobs in
charge at Apple. Otherwise, I see voiceover becoming more and more marginalized
(and therefor less supported).

-eric