On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:57:53 +0200, Raphaël Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, there may be an issue with the BSD-like license used for the
> ogg/vorbis libraries provided by xiph.org: this is the old BSD license
> with the "obnoxious advertising clause":

Sorry, I was wrong.  I should have thought two minutes more before
posting.

The clause that I quoted was not the "obnoxious advertising clause" that
causes problems for the GPL.  That (in)famous clause is the one that
required acknowledgements to appear in any advertisement.  There is no
such requirement in the license from xiph.org, so there is no problem
with the GPL compatibility.

-Raphaël