On 5/16/06, Devesh Kothari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ext Koen Kooi wrote:

[snip]

> So we won't get the SDK before the release, but at the same time? Given
> the huge incompatibilities (app-installer, EABI) I would have thought
> nokia would release the sdk a bit earlier to give the app developers a
> chance to get their software out on time.

Unfortunately so :( , we are trying hard but due to so many major changes
we just dont want to push out something which is either poor quality or
half cooked. IF we still are able to beat the IT 2006 to public launch
(assuming we get things stabilized enough), we will push it out the door
:)

[snip]

What do you guys think? Should we try to push out the SB development
environment early, even if the developers can test apps on real device?

Absolutely! The API changes in particular must have time to be tested, even
if it's only in Scratchbox. Personally, I'd also like to see at least some
form of product image for beta testing (not just our apps, but the OS
as well), but that's almost certainly wishful thinking now.

Otherwise people'll get upset very quickly when they upgrade and their
favourite app doesn't work!

Cheers,

Andrew

--