On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 22:56 +0200, ext Christian Pernegger wrote:
> > I am just telling some truths that others should know.
>
> I'm with you insofar as
> - setting up the developent environment was a bitch
[zap]
>  A lot of people, me included, don't have a clue
> about cross-compiling or embedded development.

Yes, I think this is one of the reasons why. The fact that the
environment uses its own gtk (while a lot of stuff is being pushed
upstream) - this forces you to use a chroot environment. While
scratchbox does a lot of things for you to make things less nasty, it's
a whole new thing to learn for the most of us. And it's far from trivial
anyway.

But please, while you criticize "nokia" remember a lot of us are just as
much a part of the community as you are. It's been said earlier too -
look at Sardine, and see how things are being worked on. Perhaps slower
than you wish, but I also wish it happened faster. There's just a LOT of
stuff that has dependencies on how the daily progress happens, and stuff
does not change overnight for that reason. :-(

//Tuomas

--
A: No
Q: Should i quote this on the top?