I assume that the browser does not supply any internal means (ie:
command line switch option, rpc method) to bring it to fullscreen mode.

What about trying to solve the problem form the outside?

There is really no way to maximize an application in general (and maemo
browser in particular) emulating the HW Key press?

Tomàs