Well,

still no luck on getting application installer to run....

the window pops up and nothing is drawn to the screen .... anyone have
any ideas?

I may have to compile up a custom version of the application installer
and see where it's crapping out ....

as far as some programs not working when unning as root per Zoran's
comment, I see no reason why they shouldn't (I accept that they might
not, but they probably should IMO) ... these internet tablets have a
LOT of potential .... it's just a matter of time until Nokia or
someone can squeeze whatever electronics into one of these so they can
go celluar, link it with a bt headset ... combine with voice activated
dialing .....  the more mature and closer to a multi-user environment
we can the IT's the better off everyone will be ...

just one man's opinion ...

-Chris