Hi,

On 4/20/07, Chris Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm trying to create a ScratchBox build env on my FC6 and it looks
like I've got to recompile the kernel to enable VDSO ... whatever that
is... after I get that working I'm going to try and build a debug
version of the application-installer and see what I get.

You can enable COMPAT_VDSO, recompile your kernel, and echo 0 >
/proc/sys/kernel/vdso; or you can add vdso=0 in the kernel boot
options. This will possibly make things slower... how much? I have no
idea, people have given me different answers.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding vdso, but this
is what I've found so far:

* vDSO = Virtual Dynamically Shared Object
* Without COMPAT_VDSO there's no /proc/sys/kernel/vdso
* linux-gate.so.1 is a vDSO
* Linus Torvalds is a disgusting pig and proud of it

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-April/msg00658.html
http://www.trilithium.com/johan/2005/08/linux-gate/
http://lkml.org/lkml/2002/12/18/218

Best regards.