He probably
changed so many files' permissions and ownerships, that he could not
recall it even under hypnosis.

no permissions really and actually the list of things I had to change
is rather quite small .... when I get around to it (hopefully this
weekend) I'll post a patch ... hopefully someone can provide some
feedback

If root has "/root" and "/user/root", it could bring headache to apps,
that don't have environment variables set. Finally, yes, I see a lot of

I did have to copy some stuff over from /home/user to /root  and some
scripts were hardcoded to look in /home/$user so I guess I took the
easy way out and made a symlink from /root to /home/root

Finally, yes, I see a lot of
restrictions as ass savers.

I guess just a different philosopy ....  I think somethings should be
locked down ... like processes ... but not accounts  ... IMO

-Chris