Hi,

Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

ext Matthew Allum wrote:

...clip...
I really think using xrandr for this wont buy you much though (in fact
you'll probably loose) as you really only want the single topped app
to notice the display has shrunk not everything server wide (as randr
is intended).

That should be a problem only from the performance point of view.
And if that's the thing you're concerned about, then switching
screen orientation will be a similar problem and Matchbox should
anyway be fixed to notify only visible windows of the screen
geometry changes.

If we need one fullscreen app, why not to launch a new X-session that
uses this lower, pixel-doubled resolution and then run our SDL game there? Other applications would not recognize anything.

just my two cents...

-Markku-