[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
>> Quim - If you want to improve the Maemo platform, stop messing
>> about in public with maemo.org
>
> Discussing new features has no relation with fixing maemo.org in terms
> of tasks or people responsible. I fully agree that the maemo platform
> will go nowhere without a solid web performance but I don't see why we
> should stop the rest of processes until the web issues have been fixed.
>
> btw, perhaps Ferenc wants to report more but we have fixed a lot of
> website bugs. We have also spent a lot of time trying to solve the
> server issues, starting fixing small things, then the bigger ones and
> finally renewing/reorganizing the web infrastructure completely - a
> process going on as we speak.
>
> Quim

I agree that the web site issues shouldn't prevent other processes continuing
in parallel, what I meant by my comment was that the changes to the maemo site
should be fully tested and deployed in an orderly fashion rather than the
seemingly haphazard approach of late - perhaps this approach has been taken to
fast track improvements by short cutting due process (which is kind of
understandable) but in future web site changes should be fully planned and
tested both before and after deployment in the production (ie. public)
environment.

I'm glad to hear that the web infra is being updated, it might be a good idea
to publicise these changes prior to the updates taking place so that we (the
users) will know when to expect possible downtime... temporary maintenance
pages may also be a good idea (where possible) to avoid giving the impression
that the site has died due to a failure of some sort.