"ext Frantisek Dufka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Yeah, we do that also in-house sometimes. It's just pain to setup
>> (remove and insert kernel modules etc.), I wish that there would be an
>> easier way to do that.
>
> Never tried usbnet but with bluetooth PAN it is really painless once
> you have it set up once (see
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52174#post52174
> except the dummy_wlan_down part and default gateway and dns setup). No
> messing with modules except inserting bnep.ko once on N770.

Thanks. I'll have to try it sometime.

> I guess usb can be more problematic if you need usb storage too.

Yes, that's a problem. Does USB support multiple profiles at the same
time? What I'm after here is that N800 would have both USB mass
storage and usbnet enabled concurrently. That would be really cool.

> Bluetooth is ideal for this if you have BT on PC (unless you perhaps
> care about the WLAN radio part which may be affected by bluetooth).

Under really heavy load you might experience some slowdown, but it
should work just fine. (I bet that after saying this someone reports a
serious problem with the coexistence...)

--
Kalle Valo