On 7/26/07, Loïc Minier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007, Loïc Minier wrote:
> >  Would be nice if someone could add a #ifdef GDK_CLOSE_ALL_AVAILABLE
> >  etc. :)
>
>  Updating my own question: this function is within "#ifdef
>  MAEMO_CHANGES"; does that mean that if we start pulling some maemo
>  changes into Gtk to build hildon (such as the filechooser API which was
>  mentionned in the thread), then we need the full patch?

The issue here is: the pc file for hildon-1 hardcodes MAEMO_CHANGES to
1, so anything you build on top of it will get that define. This wan
fine by the time we did it ("if you use hildon you surely want all the
stuff and certainly you are using our gtk version"), but now that we
aim to be an upstream project it is no longer acceptable. At the very
least we should add the MAEMO_CHANGES to the pc file only if hildon-1
is compiled against our gtk. More rational configuration management is
badly needed here.