Sorry my friend,
but Quim jest right.
There is a number of applications ported to Nokia Tablet,
in my case comoiled for N770, crashing my maemo.
The only solution proposed to me at http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/
was to reflash my N770 with non-certified OS2007HE.
Having installed 3 plugins, showing icons in upper bar
maemo-bt-plugin has been covered by icon of
take screenshot plugin and I can't run maemo-bt-plugin to use my bt gps device
for navigation.
At the same time crashed  Application manager and I get Operation failed
message each time I run it.
copy of log file
"
osso-application-installer 4.22.1, UI version 1

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header

E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status

E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
"
status file is about 0,5M in size.
Any chance to repair it not having to reflash my N770 ?

Tried hard to make an application based on Kismet + GPS.
No chance as gps doesn't work for Kismet on N770.
Tried to to multiplex 2 bt gps devices.
No chance. bt pyton code doesn't work for N770.

I am aware Nokia is not providing any support for N770
so I have ordered 2 N800 units.
But with new N810 coming soon
I can expect not getting any support for my N800 very soon.

As a number of application ported and compiled for N770 is not greater than
100,
I see no challenge to install and test any and every one to see if it works ok
or not, crashing Nokia Tablet.

At http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/
I proposed setting up a network of Nokia Tablet N770, N800, N810 user's clubs
world-wide, providing support to new users by local Nokia Tablet gurus
and I can continue run this project, as there is great interest in having Nokia
Tablet guru living in local community.

So I would really appreciate your advice if Nokia provides any form of an
interactive support to new users of Nokia Tablets and at what address and place
and whom should a new user contact.

Thanks.

Darius

Murray Cumming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 21:17 +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> but at least nobody can say - 'sorry guys, I didn't know my app could brick
> the device'.

Requiring any quality control before having a place to put the
alpha/beta-quality stuff will just stop us from getting much software.
Software needs to be released in order to increase its quality.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.murrayc.com