On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 23:13 +0200, ext Murray Cumming wrote:
> Requiring any quality control before having a place to put the
> alpha/beta-quality stuff will just stop us from getting much software.
> Software needs to be released in order to increase its quality.

Indeed, see my original proposal at
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//maemo-developers/2007-October/012192.html
where I suggest an unfiltered extras-testing together with the filtered extras.

This would allow us to promote extras to pure end users shamelessly,
leaving extras-testing (as explicit as this name can be) to power users
and others going there at their own risk.

--
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org