On 24/10/2007, Quim Gil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - Community governance on extras
> We think the equation would work much better if the maemo community
> would have control over the extras repository, filtering what has enough
> quality to be there and what not. Who and how, we are totally open about
> this. We consider the Quality Awareness documentation as a reference top
> define quality. We don't want to give away the control of the repository
> but we are happy discussing and agreeing with you the rules of a common
> game. These rules would include other topics discussed in the past, like
> i.e. the sections.

How/who decides what shared libraries and applications get into extras?
Voting and popularity has been talked about but what if there is a conflict
in a shared library and someone needs to make a call.

We need community members to check packages that are propsed for extras,
help agree on shared packaged etc. Would something like Ubuntu's membership
work?

Basically something like you demonstrate some involvement with the community
and agree to abide by it's rules before you can "join", people can vote to
kick you out if there's a problem.

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct