What is the deal with the Chinook install instructions? - they contain
lots of errors and mistakes it seems to me?

Im trying to install Scratchbox on an Ubuntu box.

I thought since it was like Debian I could just use the script.

The URL for downloading the script is wrong. I found the correct
URL and managed to download it. Following the instructions I run the
install script as root and that fails (with an error saying that the
script should not be run as root :-)

So I tried to download the packages manually and follow the
official install docs. The instructions to add a URL to the repository
also appear to contain the wrong URL - running apt-get update gives me a
"404 Packages.gz not found" error.

So Im still scratching my head wondering how to install...

Here's what the script produces:

$ sudo ./maemo-sdk-install_4.0.sh

This script will install maemo SDK 4.0 chinook release to your computer.

Install options
Do not download or install Nokia EUSA binaries (no)
Force remove of existing targets (no)
Alternative sources.list ('')

Target configuration for armel (CHINOOK_ARMEL)
compiler=cs2005q3.2-glibc2.5-arm
devkits=perl:debian-etch:maemo3-tools:cputransp
cputransp=qemu-arm-0.8.2-sb2

Target configuration for i386 (CHINOOK_X86)
compiler=cs2005q3.2-glibc2.5-i386
devkits=perl:debian-etch:maemo3-tools

Checking for prerequisites

wget tool in path... /usr/bin/wget
Checking for dpkg tool in path... /usr/bin/dpkg
Running outside of scratchbox... yes
Script not run as user root... no
E: This script should NOT be run as user root.

$

--
A.