Try again without 'sudo'.  Should be fine then.

I've installed scratchbox in Amazon EC2 (fedora core), using a
loopback mount of a small disk image.  Maybe I should see if Nokia
would be happy for it to be shared this way to save on  the trouble
folks have instaling it.  Then again, maybe that just moves the
problems to the next stage.

Michael