On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 12:55 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 16:15 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Is there a problem repository.maemo.org?
>
> Yes. I'm not even going to try to use it for another day or so.

This is so depressing...

I would set up a local proxy if only the repository's web server would
do the right thing WRT "Service Unavailable" messages.

Unfortunately, if I do set up a caching proxy here, it'll cache the HTML
message instead!

It also really sucks that the install script blows away
the /var/cache/apt/archives each time you attempt to run it. This means
that nobody can ever make any progress because someone else will
invariably step on your toes during installation, causing it to fail,
causing you to run the script again, causing the local cache to be blown
away, causing you to have to start downloading all the files you just
downloaded a second time, which will fail because someone else steps on
your installer's toes...  It's a vicious cycle :-/

--
Michael R. Head <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/