Hi

After quite some time of fighting with myself as well as getting
encouragement from certain members of this community, I'm humbly offer
to your attention a first {alpha,beta} release of a manual promotion
interface.

Currently the interface is in 'debug' mode, which means that no files
are really moved around, while all operations are logged so I could see
if everything seems to work as expected :))  After a few days of
observations I'll switch it to the 'let's see what bugs are really there
in the script' mode :)

The interface is available at

  https://garage.maemo.org/promoter-beta/interface.py

It would allow all users who have upload rights to 'extras'/'extras-
devel' to see what are the differences between 'extras-devel' and
'extras' repositories for 'chinook'.  Yes, that's correct it's about
chinook only for the time being.  The script can easily be configured to
support all available 'extras' sets, however I'd like to make sure it
really works before performing further configuration.

The release pursues few goals:
 * to have some practical for supporting further discussions about
   infrastructure improvements
 * to see if anything like this would really encourage community
   developers to use central 'extras' repository

Almost forgot to mention.  The script does not really have a project
page anywhere.  It is also a toy project for me to see how well Bazaar
DVCS supports my needs (so far, it does well enough), so you can find
the code at

    https://code.launchpad.net/~mishas/+junk/devel-mover

(Please do not be discouraged by the name, it's just launchpad's way to
call branches for stuff that is not part of any project.)

Please direct suggestions, feedback, further discussion points here to
the maemo developers mailing list.

--
Misha