On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:44:48AM +0100, Niels Breet wrote:
> > * to see if anything like this would really
> > encourage community developers to use central 'extras' repository
>
> We would also need to provide an easier way for developers to upload
> packages. If we can make a webinterface where developers can add their
> package to the upload/promotion queue, I think we will make uploading to
> extras a lot less complicated. (Regular dput uploads would also end up in
> this same queue)
I'm not sure how web upload would make things easier...  Why do you
think dput is not that straightforward?  This is actually a question to
all developers out there who are using extras/extras-devel.  (I'm not
challenging, I'm wondering.)

> We can add this as a first step, auto-builders would be a next step to add.
Autobuilders are slowly moving forward: this is a hobby time after all :)

> > Almost forgot to mention.  The script does not really have a project
> > page anywhere.  It is also a toy project for me to see how well Bazaar DVCS
> > supports my needs (so far, it does well enough), so you can find the code
> > at
> >
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~mishas/+junk/devel-mover
>
> Maybe it will be a good idea to create a garage project, so we can have
> mailing lists for promotions etc? I think that current code is a big step
> in the right direction, although we would need to add more features.
Yes, I requested the project (devel-mover), but if it's OK, I'd like to
keep it in bazaar.

> Do you have time to work on this some more? Would you like to get help
> from other community members on this code?
Yes, I do have time: nothing was changed since my announce because I saw
no feedback.  And of course any help is more than welcome.

--
Misha