Niels wrote:
> - Packages can not only be promoted, but also demoted if they
> are breaking
> things. (With the ability to tell the author why it was demoted)

How do you deal with packages that are already installed on people's
devices when they're demoted?

Personally, if I have bad software installed and it's managed by some
central system, I'd like to be notified. Preferably given the option to
uninstall it.

> - All promotions and demotions should be logged to some
> mailing list to
> keep the process as transparent as possible.

I'm biased, but I think you should consider either a
bugzilla.mozilla.org like system or an addons.mozilla.org like system :)