On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:56:58 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:46:28PM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> I'm following the instructions in
>>   http://inz.fi/blog/2007/10/22/multi-target-development-for-maemo/
>> as advised by Graham Cobb, and have run into a snag.
>
> Been there, done that, have a working scratchbox.
>
> (Actually, two, because http://maemo-sdk.garage.maemo.org/install.html
> also worked for me, and seems a bit simpler to set up.  It's not the
> official way though, and it's an early alpha version, so beware.)

Tried this; didn't work.  There's no sources.list line for Debian,
Looking at the web site with the distros, I found that http://maemo-
sdk.garage.maemo.org/download/host in its dests directory had entries for
experimental, ubuntu-gutsy, and ubuntu-hardy so I used

deb http://maemo-sdk.garage.maemo.org/download/host experimental free

But in response to the apt-get, all I got was:

lovesong:/farhome/hendrik# apt-get install maemo-sdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package maemo-sdk
lovesong:/farhome/hendrik#

Now there were packages there; in particular, there was an available
upgrade of sbrsh from 7,6 to 7,6maemo1, but no maemo-sdk.  Of course
aptitude warns me that sbrsh is fron an untrusted source, but that's
probably irrelevant.  Debian also provides a scratchbox2 and sbrsh.

It seems that they just forgot the Debian build.

I went to the tracker, but there seems to be no way to submit a bug
report to it.

-- hendrik