Hi,

ext Marius Vollmer wrote:
> "ext Murray Cumming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> The problem with Sardine was that it didn't work, because Nokia didn't
>> use it. If only Nokia and the outside world could use the same
>> repository (with a few secret extras for the Nokia people) then life
>> would be much simpler for everyone, including Nokia and it's
>> sub-contractors.
>
> Precisely.

Sardine is dead but the reasons why it was created are alive, probably
now even more than before.

Let's analyze the problems in the Sardine plan and implementation
(thanks for the initial shot Murray, more feedback is welcome). Let's
react accordingly in a new plan, defined together with all the
stakeholders of such project.

There have been some email discussions in the past and there are some
ideas around this concept at
http://wiki.maemo.org/2010_Agenda#Openness.2C_openness.2C_openness and
probably somewhere else. Once the Sardine tears are dry we can start
planning form a second attempt, this time successful.

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source