On Wednesday 25 June 2008 12:12:02 Ed Bartosh wrote:
> My opinion that tt's about 2 men days work to fix all build failures.
> Niels can tell how many people uploaded packages to extras. And you can
> see how many of them actually care to fix build failures. If each of
> them would spend 1(one) hour during last week we would already have
> almost all packages fixed.

I think 2 days is optimistic.  Particularly if you extend the task to finding
sources for the things which were uploaded without them.

> I tend to disagree with this. I think this task should be done by
> uploaders, or they can say that they don't care about their uploads to
> extras and someone else will do this.

Part of the problem is that many of the earlier uploaders are no longer part
of the maemo community (or, at least, active).  I don't think we can wait for
the original uploaders to say they are not interested.  Better for people to
announce to the world what they are working on getting uploaded (for example,
using the http://wiki.maemo.org/Diablo:_Missing_Packages page) and if the
original uploader wants to step in they can do so.

Graham