Attila Csipa wrote:
> I know that by now I must be dead boring (and/or wished to worse places than
> hell by the Maemo-Qt team) with these questions, but...
>
> How does one disable the (presumably) hildon text input related bar on the
> bottom for QGraphicsView-s or specific items ? I have a qgview that contains
> HTML formatted *non-editable* items (QGraphicsTextItem), but when people
> select/focus them, the bar pops up which is somewhat unexpected/annoying.

Tell me about it :)

It is triggered by a mouse-release event; I am thinking about how to fix that.

My thoughts are that it should really be triggered by some kind of
focus/cursor-set event (is there one?)

Also I wonder about using dynamic properties...
Should the keyboard query the object for a "no-hildon-keyb" property and not
display one if it is set?

David
ps cc'ing qt4-devel

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."