Just a small followup on this - not sure if it's related to your fix or Qt at
all, but I noticed this only happens if I have the keyboard slided out on my
N810. If the slide is closed, no hildon bar appears on tapping
QGraphicsTextItems and everything is working as intended. Weird. Does this
maybe point to the culprit or does it just emphasize my stone-age debug
skills ? :)

PS. I know, a C++ example. It's just that living on a 4GB SSD makes it
inconvenient to get into the scratchbox business. Will do that as soon as I
rebuild my main machine :(