On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 June 2009 13:29:39 Antonio Aloisio wrote:
> > > N810. If the slide is closed, no hildon bar appears on tapping
> > > QGraphicsTextItems and everything is working as intended. Weird. Does
> > > this maybe point to the culprit or does it just emphasize my stone-age
> > > debug skills ? :)
> >
> > What happen if you tap the QGraphicsTextItems when the KB is slided in?
>
> The item gets the select/focus events it should, no HIM bar, everything OK.
> As
> the old saying goes, a video is worth a thousand kilobytes, you can see
> what
> I'm trying to explain on
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mwu85RZtgE

Thanks for the video.;D

> > Do you need the HIM or not? You can switch off it for your widget.. btw I
>
> Hm, it's a QGraphicsTextItem. I know I could disable it for the whole GV,
> but
> I also have editable items :S (note - the hildon bar problem is consistent
> regardless of the presence of editable items). The example on
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt4Hildon#Maemo_Qt_API_Reference talks about
> widgets...
> or does that apply to QGraphicsItems in general ?

 Actually to disable the HIM you have to use QWidget::setAttribute().. then
no it doesn't work for the QGraphicItems.
BTW that is a strange behavior for me too. I really like to know if someone
have found this bug in C++ apps too.

> > really like
> > to understand if it's a bug or not.

 File it in our Bug tracker, if it's a bug it will be fixed...

As the item has only the selectable+focusable flags (=no editable flag),
> it's
> certainly not what I would call expected behavior, especially as it depends
> on the slider state :)

Yeah that's very very very strange. because It should pop up the VKB.... hey
just a moment have you enabled the Virtual Keyboard usage from the control
panel?

--

George Bernard
Shaw<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_bernard_shaw.html>